Published on October 29th, 2015 | by I Am Awake
[VIDEO] The gender wage gap myth exposed
Women in the west are the freest in the world, yet many feminists tell us women are oppressed. They advocate this falsehood through victim mentality propaganda and misleading statistics, such as the gender wage gap myth. In five minutes, Christina Hoff Sommers tells you the truth about feminism.
The Census Bureau statistic reported the average income of males versus females. That’s it. “Why does that make it inaccurate?” you might ask.
The statistic did not compare anyone working the same job, it compared everyone who has any kind of job. So the income of teachers was compared against the income of lawyers. People who had worked for 25 years at a job were compared to people who had only worked one year.
- Of the ten highest paying fields, males constitute the majority of majoring students in 9 out of 10 of those fields.
– Of the ten lowest paying fields, females constitute the majority of majoring students in 9 out of 10 of those fields.
- The average “full time” working male works about 45 hours per week.
– The average “full-time” working female works about 35 hours per week.
- The average male worker has 11 years of tenure at at his job.
– The average female worker has only about 7.5 years of tenure.
So next time you’re tempted to quote the 77% statistic: Remember that this statistic wasn’t based on facts, but rather on a comparison that would rile up ill-informed people who don’t check their facts and just believe what TV tells them.